Toby Keith & Friends Golf Classic Raises $1.38 Million; One of the Highest Totals in Event's History
The 18th annual Toby Keith & Friends Golf Classic raised more than $1,380,000 – the third highest total ever – May 20-21 in Oklahoma City and Norman. All in, the event has raised more than $16 million for OK Kids Korral, the cost-free home for families of children being treated at The Children's Hospital at OU Medical Center.
The top drawing live auction item was a golf getaway for eight to the stunning luxury resort Diamante Cabo San Lucas, which earned a bid of $82,000 – twice. In the silent auction, a stay at Lake of the Ozarks drew the top bid of $4,500.
Live Auction Top 5
1. Diamante Cabo San Lucas golf getaway for eight – $82,000 (x2)
2. Hog hunting excursion – $50,000 (x3)
3. Hand-tooled Travis McIntyre saddle $40,000
4. Hand-written Toby Keith lyrics: $30,000
5. Custom bolt-action rifle: $25,000
Silent Auction Top 10
1. Stay at Lake of the Ozarks – $4,500
2. Belmar Golf Club membership – $4,400
3. The Mule autographed sheet music – $4,000
4. Caddyshack autographed pin flag – $3,325
5. "Happy Birthday America" autographed canvas – $3,100
6. Chris Stapleton autographed bourbon – $3,000
7. "A Little Less Talk And A Lot More Action" autographed canvas – $2,825
8. Yellowstone cast autographed photo – $2,600
9. Magic Johnson autographed jersey – $2,500
10. OU football stadium suite tickets – $2,500
John Conlee headlined Friday night's gala dinner with support from local faves Hypnotik. The next day's double shotgun start Golf Classic at Keith's Belmar Golf Club was won by a the morning team of Slater Miller, Luke Switzer, Christian Johnson, Kevin Bookout and Nolan Rankin, and the afternoon team of John Bochnowski, Mark Bochnowski, Scott Challis, Chris Cleary and Drew Hawley. The closest-to-the-hole shootout winner was Mike Hearne, who took home $10,000.
Launched in 2004, the Toby Keith & Friends Golf Classic has maintained it's two-day format with a gala dinner and auction the first night followed by a shotgun start golf tournament the following day. Proceeds funded the development, building and eventual operation of OK Kids Korral, which is now in its eighth year welcoming and comforting children with cancer and their families. Learn more at www.tobykeithfoundation.org.