(NASHVILLE, Tenn.) The Toby Keith and Friends Sweet 16 Golf Classic posted another seven-figure return (May 31-June 1), raising $1.3 million and pushing the event's historical total to $13.7 million. Those funds covered construction and ongoing operation of OK Kids Korral, the cost-free home for families of children being treated at The Children's Hospital at OU Medical Center.
More than 800 attended the "Denim & Diamonds" themed gala at Norman, OK's Riverwind Casino, and 55 foursomes teed off at Belmar Golf Club. Opening the gala with Keith were 12-year-old Emma Dray and her mother, Megan. Emma spoke to the audience, thanking them for giving her another family through their support of OK Kids Korral.
Top auction items for 2019 are:
1. Navy Seals Hunt - $60,000 (sold twice)
2. Don't Let the Old Man In painting - $57,500 (original)
-Two prints @ $25,000 each
3. Lexus Champions for Charity golf experience - $47,500
4. OG of OC (VIP @ Toby Keith show with RHOC's Vicki Gunvalson) - $40,000
5. Private performance by America's Got Talent winner Darci Lynne - $27,500
6. 2019 Defender Side-by-Side - $27,500
7. Browning Golden Clays shotgun - $25,000
8. Dinner for four with NFL Hall of Famer Mike Ditka - $25,000
9. Clint Eastwood autographed piece - $20,000
10. Set day with Billy Bob Thornton - $20,000
Meanwhile, the fundraising continues later this year at The Fish Bowl bass and striper fishing tournament. Set for September 6-7 at Catfish Bay Marina, the event includes food, drinks, giveaways and impressive raffle items, as well as a first place prize of $10,000 in the bass division.
Later that month, Toby's wife Tricia Covel will host her seventh Schooner Fall Classic. Fifteen of the best women's collegiate golf teams will vie for the title September 26-29 at Belmar, while raising even more money for the Toby Keith Foundation's good work.
Get more info on both events at www.tobykeithfoundation.org.